The overall objective is to increase the contribution of MSMEs to economic growth in the rural sector in southern Tunisia and the increase of the occupation and GDP.
Specific objective: capacity building of headquarters and DR of the ODS in the discharge of its responsibilities vis-à-vis institutions and companies to develop MSMEs in southern Tunisia focused in the rural sector.
■ Axis 1, Management Information System (MIS) aligned CRIS, capabilities frameworks strengthened and updated, MIS available for internal and external users.
■ Axis 2, M&E studies extended to sectoral and strategic seminars for executives of the ODS in place.
- a) appropriate training modules are identified, formulated and made available to all economic actors present in the southern governorates.
- b) the ODS staff is formed on the characteristics, roles and needs of the micro-enterprise in Southern Tunisia.
- c) Four sectoral studies of strategic positioning in activities linked to agricultural / rural development activities are made: (i) geothermal and thermal applications and agribusiness, (ii) ecotourism, trekking and spa, (iii) building materials, rocks and marbles, (iv) fish and seafood d) Three strategic studies are performed on Medenine, Gafsa and Gabes, plus two strategic studies on Kebili and Tozeur, and the study of Tataouine is updated.
- e) A study on the development of micro enterprises in the territories of southern Tunisia is performed.
- f) studies on access to finance for SMEs and the problems of industrial land in Tunisia are made.
■ Axis 3 Support for SMEs and investment promotion extended to micro enterprises, sectors and strengthening of innovative DR.
- a) A private market services for SMEs is created.
- b) The staff of the ODS (DPIP and DR) and other economic operators are trained.
- c) investment projects are identified focused to improve/promote livelihoods of rural populations through economic development.
- d) investment promotion instruments are discounted: the One-Stop Desk.
■ Axis 4 Institutional Organization & Communication: ISO 9000 2000 version of ODS accomplished; days of advocacy and communication on activities of the ODS organized aimed also to the rural entrepreneurs.---
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affaires
Office for the Development of the Southern Regions
1 550 610