RE-IDENTIFICATION OF A NATIONAL SUPPORT PROGRAMME ON REDUCTION OF PLASTIC WASTE AND MARINE LITTER IN THE PHILIPPINES
– Category and duration of equivalent experience
Team Leader (Environmental Economist or Circular Economy Specialist – Category I)_45 WD
The team leader will be responsible for overall planning, implementation, co-ordination and for producing and presenting the outputs.
Education: Master’s Degree in Environmental Economics or related discipline. In the absence of a Master’s Degree, equivalent professional experience above the Experience requirements listed underneath will be considered. PhD Degree will be considered an advantage.
· At least 12 years of relevant experience in the sector(s) related to Lot 1 and pertinent to the objectives of this Request for Services.
· At least 8 years of professional experience in managing projects in the field of waste management, and marine litter/marine pollution.
· Familiarity with ASEAN waste management and environmental policy
· Solid understanding of the circular economy concept. Previous engagement with projects addressing Circular Economy and plastics will be considered an advantage.
· Familiarity with EU-ASEAN relations and EU development cooperation methods and programming procedures.
· 3 missions ideally of 1-3 months duration leading to project design/identification and formulation in the area of waste management or marine litter, marine pollution, plastic management or related topic.
· Expertise in stakeholders’ analysis, project design and logical framework.
· Strong presentation, organizational, reporting and communication skills
· Excellent command of English is required, both written and spoken.
· Experience in communication, negotiation and dialogue at high level
Jun 13, 2018
Contract - Less than 4 months
Pollution & Waste Management (incl. treatment)
Minimum work experience: From 12 years
Expected starting date: Jul 16, 2018