Identification and formulation of EU Actions to support Agriculture and Rural Development in Sierra Leone under the second phase of the 11th EDF (2018 – 2020)
Senior Expert in Rural Infrastructure and Markets Development (E-II) – Category I– 37 man days
- Qualifications: The candidate must possess a university degree in civil engineering, agricultural engineering, rural development and infrastructure or equivalent, with post-graduate qualifications in economics preferred.
- General required experience: At least 10 years of experience in rural infrastructural development studies aiming at rural market development.
- Specific required experience: the candidate must show sufficient evidence where he/she:
- shows hands-on experience in planning and/or implementing rural infrastructure programmes such as rural road and irrigation schemes;
- has experience in structural and non-structural measures of market access for smallholder farmers;
- has experience developing strategies to address infrastructure bottlenecks affecting agriculture value chains.
- Desirable experience:
- Ability to work as a member in teams of multi-disciplinary nature.
- demonstrates working experience in gender-responsive and community-driven programming/implementation of rural infrastructure improvement, rural services provision, and climate change resilience;
Jul 17, 2018
Opportunity type: Contract - Less than 4 months
Minimum work experience: From 10 years
Sectors: Rural Development, Agriculture
Expected starting date: Sep 17, 2018
Organisation: AGROTEC S.p.A.