Identification and formulation of EU Actions to support Agriculture and Rural Development in Sierra Leone under the second phase of the 11th EDF (2018 – 2020)
Senior Expert in Irrigation and Agriculture (E-III) – Category I – 30 man days
- Qualifications: The candidate must possess at least Master’s Degree in Agriculture Engineering or Water resource management or related subjects or a proven track record on working in similar field, with post-graduate qualifications preferred.
- General required experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience with irrigation water management, out of which a minimum of three (3) years must be as an international expert.
- Specific required experience: the candidate must show sufficient evidence where he/she:
- has good knowledge of agriculture/ irrigation issues;
- experience with design, development, and operation of irrigation schemes with smallholder farmers
- have proven track record in preparation of irrigation masterplans, including formulation of irrigation policies;
- have proven track record in preparing feasibility reports;
- has demonstrated experience in sustainable agriculture and livelihoods resilience programming;
- Desirable experience:
- Experience in participatory and community based irrigation management approach is preferred;
Experience in drafting TOR/business/project proposals is an advantage---
Jul 17, 2018
Opportunity type: Contract - Less than 4 months
Minimum work experience: From 10 years
Sectors: Rural Development, Agriculture
Expected starting date: Sep 17, 2018
Organisation: AGROTEC S.p.A.