Identification and formulation of EU Actions to support Agriculture and Rural Development in Sierra Leone under the second phase of the 11th EDF (2018 – 2020)
Senior Expert in Agriculture and Rural Development (E-I) – Category I – 40 man days
He/she will be the team leader. The team leader will be responsible for the smooth cohesion, coordination and communication among the team of experts and with the EU Delegation in Sierra Leone. He/she will be the normal representative of the team to be created.
- Qualifications: The candidate must possess a least an advanced university degree in agricultural economics, crop science, agronomy, agricultural marketing, development economics; or related field is required, with post-graduate qualifications preferred.
- General required experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience providing Technical Assistance (TA) in agriculture and/or integrated rural development programming including three or more of these areas: value chain and markets (for a range of value chains including cassava, coffee cocoa, cashew, potato, sorghum, vegetables), crop diversification activities, ecosystems & rural environment, smallholders, farmer groups, agri-extension services, food processing and marketing, public-private partnerships development, food security, improved incomes, climate resilience, the design of projects.
- Specific required experience: the candidate must show sufficient evidence where he/she:
- has experience with market and livelihood analysis, where s/he has identified target agricultural value chains, designed appropriate interventions and developed an implementation plan;
- has experience with respect to: development of cooperatives, business development services and marketing; engagement with the private sector and other stakeholders;
- has a least 5 years of relevant experience in management of projects on any two of the following: value chain development, livelihood diversification, rural business development and agricultural marketing, preferably in an African context;
- has demonstrated experience in sustainable agriculture and livelihoods resilience programming;
- Desirable experience:
- shows technical knowledge in strengthening of producer organizations, professional associations and linkages;
- has a past experience as team leader in EU-funded identification and formulation studies, including providing an Action Document.
- Working experience with key value chain stakeholders (producers, traders, enterprise groups, rural financing institutions/banks, and research/policy associations)
- demonstrates experience with mainstreaming gender in development programming.
Jul 17, 2018
Opportunity type: Contract - Less than 4 months
Minimum work experience: From 10 years
Sectors: Rural Development, Agriculture
Expected starting date: Sep 17, 2018
Organisation: AGROTEC S.p.A.